Interested in displaying your art?
Exhibit with The Kelly
The Kelly is a 501(3)c arts organization dedicated to promoting our local and regional artists. As such, we have several options for artists to exhibit their work at The Kelly Fitzpatrick Memorial Gallery.
The Kelly organizes themed exhibitions between four to six times a year. These are generally open calls to the public, unless otherwise stated. We invite visual artists to submit their artworks to us for these exhibitions. We are open to any visual arts medium, traditional and experimental.
- Each exhibit will have a different theme, and we ask all entries be related to that theme.
- We ask all artists to submit up to nine (9) entries to us for review, including the application form and images of your entries.
- Oftentimes, we receive more entries than we have space. So we will review all submissions and then contact back with how many/which pieces we wish to accept for the exhibition’s duration.
- Unless specified otherwise, our exhibition opportunities do not have expectations for medium, style, or techniques.
- There is no fee to submit or enter.
- Exhibition entries are open to professionals and amateurs alike. Any minors (19 years and younger) who wish to enter must provide proof of parental consent.
- We accept artworks from all over the United States, but priority will be given to Alabama artists and artists of the Southeast.
- You may submit artworks that are for display only as well as artworks for sale.
- We ask all accepted artworks to remain in our care during the entirety of the exhibition’s duration. However, we also understand that things happen, so you may contact us if you wish to request a special exemption.
- COMMISSION: The Kelly’s gallery commission is 25% commission. The Kelly includes the costs of credit card fees within this 25% commission, so the artist is remit a true 75% of their artwork’s sale.
Please feel free to either reach out to us or check this page often for the next exhibit’s prospectus and application for more details.
Artist Associates Program
We have dedicated wall space for these artists’ artworks, which are displayed year-round and are not limited to themed content. This program is reserved for paid Kelly members who added-on the “Artist Associate” tier (a minimum total cost of $150 a year), and thus it comes with additional benefits.
- Up to four artworks (16″ x 20″ or smaller) per artist are displayed on the Artist Associates wall at a time. [This may increase when we move into the new building and get more space.]
- This four-artworks restriction does not apply to jewelry or other small 3D art, as these do not require wall space.
- This restriction also does not apply to 5″x7″ or smaller pieces, and multiple small works will count as “one” larger work.
- We rotate these pieces at least once a quarter to encourage art sales. We will also reach out to artists as their pieces sell to being another to take its place.
- Up to twenty-five (25) artworks per artist are displayed on our website under: “Artists” and “Art for Sale.”
- Additional benefits:
- Studio Day – The gallery functions as an open-studio for Artist Associates to come together and paint/draw/create among their fellow artists. Currently held twice a month on every second Tuesday and every fourth Monday.
- Art Talks – Access to once-a-quarter private art workshops and lectures with no entry fee.
- COMMISSION: Paid program. The Artist Associates program is restricted to The Kelly members (the lowest tier of membership is a Kelly Supporter at $50), and it is a $100 add-on option to membership—totaling $150 a year.
Please reach out to us with any questions or requests for more details.
The Kelly will often have special one-time or annual events that are open to artists. These are open to the public, unless otherwise stated in the event details. Some special events include Wet Paint sales, 8×10 Day (annual August 10th event for 8″x10″ artworks), Alabama Plein Air artists collaborations, among others.
Keep an eye on our Events Calendar for these opportunities and details.